Sunday 23 February 2014

Animations!

We had two lessons on making hand drawn animations using iMotion HD - an iphone app where you take photos of each frame and it pieces them together for you. I enjoyed this very much and it is what pushed me into looking at applying for animation courses, as I felt my results were quite successful. We were originally encouraged to make random marks and connect them with linking frames, which I attempted at first and found it difficult to capture a feel for the project through this, so decided to do an animation of my character for the Circus project

The beginnings of my animation. I was happy that I am able to draw quickly when presented with this particular aspect of the project as it was surprising how much work produced such a short animation.
I originally planned to line and possibly colour the slides although due to how long it took, along with how the rustic looking pencil sketches worked with the 'shaky' look of the app, I decided against it.

How my animation ended.
Approx 50 frames

No comments:

Post a Comment