Sunday 23 February 2014

Final Piece

For the final out come we were to create an A2 piece of work which could be made into a print of our original character. I was originally planning to do this work on paper with acrylic paint to better match my colour swatches, although in the end due to lack of supplies I decided to tackle this piece digitally and am glad that I did as it is far more in my comfort zone therefore producing a better, neater outcome.
The process however was laborious as my art programme crashed twice at various stages, erasing most of my progress.


I had previously had a lined detailed background which I had to change to a more digitally painted look, as seen above in a work in progress screen shot.

However in the end I was very pleased with my final outcome, I feel it sums up my character and the idea of a Ring Mistress, I'm happy with the colours, which I ended up adding saturation to. I also feel that it works as a print. If I were to do it differently I would have not have lines on the character, but I could not edit that due to the file crashing and the 'line art' layer losing transparency.



No comments:

Post a Comment