Sunday 23 February 2014

Character Creation

This exercise was by far my favourite in the project, creating an A1 sheet of character designs to choose from. I was pushed to experiment with styles and mediums instead of staying within my safety zone, which I didn't enjoy very much. I personally disliked the messy results I achieved with mediums such as watercolour and ended up choosing the design which I drew in my usual mediums (fine liner/colour pencil)


This was the design that I chose in the end (although ultimately pulling an aspect from another design - thigh high boots)
I felt this design best encapsulated what a Ring Mistress would be like, as well as best fitting with my inspirations.
When I had chosen this design I worked on drawing up a few expressions for her based on photographs of a friend.

Close ups of the expressions







No comments:

Post a Comment